Erectile Dysfunction is caused by the lack of blood flow...
The short answer is yes it can, but it depends on the cause of your erectile dysfunction. By the age of 40, 5% of men suffer from Erectile Dysfunction but the reasons for this can differ. In a lot of cases Erectile Dysfunction is caused by the narrowing of blood vessels, which restricts blood flow to the penis. Yoga is a form of exercise and so regular yoga sessions will help to increase your cardiovascular health, promoting increased blood flow.
Another major cause of Erectile Dysfunction that yoga can help with, is high anxiety or stress. Yoga helps to relax the body but also helps to relax your mind. Anxiety can prevent the necessary relaxation required to achieve and maintain an erection. Stress management can be a key part of a regular routine to successfully manage Erectile Dysfunction.
Yoga can also help to strengthen the muscles in your pelvic region, which in turn will increase the blood flow to the area. This will allow for a better ability to achieve and maintain an erection. The following poses are the best to strengthen the pelvic area.
Seated Forward Bend – This pose will help to strengthen your perennial muscles, which are the muscles that support erectile rigidity.
- From a seated position, keep your legs straight and together stretched out on the floor, with toes pointing towards the ceiling.
- Stretch both arms upwards above your head as you breathe in. Breathe out as you bend forwards towards your toes. Keep your spine erect as you reach for feet and try to hold onto your big toe.
- Once in this position gradually continue to bend forward, such that your forearms touch your knees, but don’t allow your elbows to touch the ground.
- Hold this position for 10-20 seconds before slowly returning to the original seated position.
Bow Pose – This pose is known to stimulate the reproductive organs, which aids with Erectile Dysfunction and also premature ejaculation.
- This pose begins lie flat on your stomach with your feet hip-width apart and arms down by the side of your body.
- Fold your knees up as you exhale, and grab hold of your ankles.
- As you breathe in, lift your chest of the ground and pull your legs up and back, while looking straight ahead.
- Maintain the pose for 15-20 seconds before slowly returning to the original position.
Raised Legs Pose – This pose will stretch your psoas and hip flexor muscles. From this there will be an increase in energy and blood flow to the pelvic area, which will help to combat Erectile Dysfunction. This pose will also engage your quads and glutes in an intense workout.
- Starting position is to lie flat on your back with heels together and arms by you side.
- As you breathe in, lift your legs off the mat to around 30 degree angle. Additionally you can lift your head off the mat at the same time.
- Hold this position for up to 20 seconds, before returning to the original position.
- Repeat the pose, while increasing the angle at which you raise your legs to until you reach 60 degrees.
- This pose should be repeated 3 or 4 times a day.
These are just a few beneficial yoga poses that can help to ease the effects of Erectile Dysfunction.
Click here for more information about Erectile Dysfunction and to purchase prescription medications.